International Shipping Checklist
- Remove all personal items from your automobile.
- Make sure that you have a complete set of keys for the shipping company, and a full extra set for yourself.
- If you are transporting a rare, classic, exotic, custom, or otherwise expensive vehicle, our veteran experience suggests the enclosed transport is the way to go, it's worth every penny.
- Clean your vehicle before drop off to ensure a proper inspection and clear documentation of your car's physical condition.
- Disable and/or disconnect your car alarm.
- Check your battery to make sure it’s fully charged and securely mounted.
- Check the obvious places for fluid leaks; oil, transmission fluid, etc.
- Remove and/or retract you car antennas.
- Remove rear spoilers, grill covers, exterior spare tire and all car covers.
- Fill your gas tank to a maximum of ¼ tank for transport.
- Remove any audio equipment, car phones,and garage door openers that aren’t built-in.
- Notify us immediately if there are any changes in the vehicle becoming inoperable.
- Certain barge's will allow some personal items, however you must notify us prior to pickup. Max 250lbs.
RO/RO SHIPPING SERVICES
Roll-On/Roll-Off-Ships are vessels specifically designed to carry wheeled cargo; such as automobiles, trucks, semi-trailer trucks, trailers or railroad cars that are driven on and off the ship on their own wheels. This is in contrast to lo-lo (lift on-lift off) vessels which use a crane to load and unload cargo. RO/RO vessels have built-in ramps which allow the cargo to be efficiently "rolled on" and "rolled off" the vessel when in port. While smaller barges operate across rivers and other short distances the "RO/RO" system often has built-in ramps, the term RO/RO is typically reserved for larger "ocean-going" vessels. The ramps and doors may be bow, or stern-only for quick loading.
Port → Port
We prepare your shipment for ocean transport and ship to the requested port destination. Port to Port service means we will provide ocean transportation services for you. Once the shipment arrives at the destination terminal, you will be notified to pick it up within 24hrs.
Door → Port
- Our preferred carriers will pickup your vehicle from anywhere within the lower 48 states
- expedite your vehicle to the departure port
- quickly process your shippment through customs
- and load your vehicle in an enclosed crate
Our main barge company benefits
- Six departures from the West Coast to Hawaii every two weeks, more than any other carrier.
- Our barge companies offer port locations from Southern California, with twice-weekly service and direct sailings from Long Beach, CA to Honolulu every Saturday/Sunday and Wednesday/Thursday.
- In addition to California barges, we have other ports more convenient that provides weekly Sunday departures ranging from Oakland, CA. to Seattle, WA.